2012 10th Day Nishinomiya Ebisu Shrine Festival

"十日戎" (which is pronounced as "Toka Ebisu" and means "10th day Ebisu Shrine Festival") was held in Nishinomiya Ebisu Shrine from January 9th, 10th, and 11th on 2012.

"十日戎" is a really traditional festival and has been lasting hundreds years. Over 1 million people are visiting Nishinomiya Shrine during 3 days festivals.

I went to the festival with my college buddy in the afternoon on Jan 9th. But so many people were already there and it took almost an hour from Hanshin Nishinomiya Station to the main building in the shrine. I've never seen that many people. It seems this year had much more people than ever.


I usually visit Nishinomiya Shrine at night time because I like the atmosphere in the night time. But I knew they are having "猿回し" (Sarumawashi, Japanese traditional monkey performance) in the shrine during the day time. I've only seen it on TV show. It was amazing!
So I came back to Nishinomiya Shrine with my wife, Son, sister, and nephew on the next day. My son and nephew were pretty much enjoying "Sarumawashi":)
0 Responses

コメントを投稿